Sunday, October 7, 2007

"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates."
Deut 6:6-
9



First, let me tell you that I will be on here everyday. I am in it for the daily walk with you...as we get up,go throughout the day sitting and walking along, and getting ready to lie down, and getting up again...all the while teaching our children about our glorious God. Homeschooling has been such a blessing in my life, as well as the lives of our children. My purpose with this blog is to first and foremost glorify God by talking about His good works and good love (the gospel!),to talk all that is home school,to support my sisters in Christ out there also homeschooling in this world, and to share what is/isn't working for us...

We are not subscribers to any set method of homeschooling because I like to stay open to doing whatever works best for my family, but I guess we are closest to following a Classical homeschooling way of teaching... though I do very much like the curriculum "My Father's World" for Kinder garden that my friend from church over @ Ashes in for Beauty.blogspot.com gave me to try.

I seek to educate my children to #1 Reverence and obey God, #2 Learn all they can for the glory of God and #3 Use all the knowledge they have acquired to bring glory to God,submitting themselves to His plan for their lives. We do try to instill into our children's hearts a desire to evangelise/do missions work, based on the scriptures in Matthew 28:16-20:
16. But the eleven disciples went into Galilee, unto the mountain
where Jesus had appointed them.

17. And when they saw him, they worshipped him; but some doubted.

18. And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath
been given unto me in heaven and on earth.

19. Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them
into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:


20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and
lo,I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

So, we try to observe all things He has commanded us and that includes teaching our sons to be men of God, rooted in the Word, bringing forth good fruit in due season, leaders in their homes and marriages, sacrificing for their wives out of love for them, just as Christ loved the church, and teaching our daughter to be a godly woman, rooted in the Word,serving her husband and family, doing good works and serving Our Lord with a fearful reverence.

I hope that you will enjoy this new blog, and find a home of refuge in it's words and ongoing conversations. I pray that you will be encouraged and girded up as you read and share in these pages and most of all, I pray that you will bring glory to God in your own home schooling adventures.

Love in Christ, Stacey <3

No comments: