Friday, October 12, 2007

I am so thankful for my kids. They bring me so much joy. That I have the priveledge to home school them means even more joy for me!

I know that, with God's help, I can mold their minds and shape their hearts for God's glory :) Our family can send them out into the world as soldiers for God :)
I expect, through faith, that they will serve God faithfully and do much good in the world~ not because I think that we are such a gifted family, or because I esteem my kids as more important, but it is by God's grace that we and our children would desire to glorify God with our lives... we are all a work of divine grace, each one. Thank you God, for working in our hearts, changing us to make us want to serve You and not just ourselves!

This is why I love to teach my kids about the cross of Christ.

God and Jesus are such good examples to us of sacrificial love.

They teach us about laying down our lives for our friends... opposite of the western worlds way, that says 'dog eat dog' but preferring others above ourselves.

For this reason, I always preach God's way and Jesus crucified to my kids.

This is a grea area to study for Biblical Studies for the kids.

Ken Sande has a great curriculum for kids called The Peacemaker series for kids, here is a link to where you could purchase his book if you wanted to,
http://www.amazon.com/Peacemaker-Biblical-Resolving-Personal-Conflict/dp/0801064856/ref=sr_1_1/102-5046083-2810548?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192195941&sr=1-1.

It's kind of a long link~lol!~so you will def. want to copy it and paste it into your web browser.

Let me know if you have it, want it, or want to talk about it!

Have a God-glorifying home school day ;)


XOXO'S <3 Stacey

No comments: